미가힐링센터에 오신 여러분 환영합니다.

이사야 칼럼
이사야 칼럼 은혜의 메아리
이사야 칼럼
미가힐링센터  >  칼럼  >  이사야 칼럼
(원문 영어로 된 편지)
Dear President Micah Kim and Director Isaiah Lee at Micah Mission Center! 

First, I give my sincere thanks God for His powerful, live ministry through Micah608 in this age. I also thank you so much for your bold message of God"s new hope, vision and plans for Korea and the world. I"m a Korean-American living in the U.S.,who has been utterly amazed and profoundly inspired by God"s powerful messages spoken through President Kim for all of us who are living in this age. I was introduced to the Micah608 ministry since the Spring of 2004 by my father. Since then I have been completely captivated by the profound depth and breath of its message of new hope and vision for not only for Korea but the entire world.

I"m simply amazed and eternally grateful at God"s great plan to uplift Korea as a priest nation through spiritual and political reforms in order to transform the entire world! I find Micah608 to be the true and live message of our living God who"s immanent in our world and personally involved in our lives to transform and lead us according to His greater will. I especially appreciate the bold and powerful message
of God that comes to us alive through the pure and humble heart of President Kim and the clear and logical interpretation of Director Lee who adds relevant comments to help us understand each spiritual message in a concise manner.

As I understand that it is only the beginning of God"s great Will which He is trying to accomplish through Micah608, I also find a similar parallel between the two pillars of Micah608 and the humble beginning of the two founding pillar communities of the modern American civilization going back to 385 years ago. As people are well aware, in 1620, a reform-minded Protestant Christian group called the Pilgrims who were politically a separatist group by nature came to Plymouth, Massachusetts after having left their home country England and had stayed over in Netherlands briefly in search of religious freedom and away from the political persecutions in their home country. In 1630, another group of Christians who were called, the Puritans, came to a place 50 miles north of Plymouth and settled there. It was later called Boston. The Puritans were also reform-minded Christians who believed that they had to "purify" the Anglican Church of England even further. Hence, they actively engaged in the politics as the leaders of their own political faction in England. However, once they lost their battle for political hegemony in England, they left England in search of a new land where they could set up their own exemplary, ideal world based on their own religious reform-minded beliefs and conviction.

Whereas the Pilgrims were made up of humble and pure-hearted peasant farmers, trades people and commoners who wanted nothing more than to have a freedom to worship God freely in ways that they believed was right, the Puritans had not just the humble and pure-hearted farmers, trades people and commoners but also the intellectual and political elites of the day who all shared the same reform-minded conviction of purifying the Christian tradition. 

Once the Pilgrims and Puritans settled in Plymouth and Boston respectively, they both had a historical understanding that they were each starting a new ideal community based on the Word of God, and that the spiritual foundation that they were setting was going to eventually blaze the trail for their future generations. Unlike the Pilgrims who were located at a remote area from everything else except the Atlantic ocean, the Puritans settled on a tiny peninsula of Boston between the Charles river and the Atlantic ocean. The peninsula was only connected to the rest of the land of Massachusetts by a very narrow causeway about 6 feet wide. Though they settled on such a small plot of land, they ambitiously named the highest point of their peninsula Boston, the "Beacon Hill", implying that their city was going to be the "City on a Hill" which in turn was to be the "Beacon" to the rest of the world.

Though they were both different Christian sects at the time and didn"t have any communication between them for a century, their individual hard work and sacrifices for God laid the spiritual foundation for the religious and political reformation movements that were to follow eventually in American history.  When the Declaration of Independence was announced in 1776, and when the first battle of the American Revolutionary War began, it was in the land of Massachusetts where their descendants, along with the new immigrants from Europe, who fully engaged in a courageous fight against the greatest empire of the Western Civilization at the time, England - the very home country that their ancestors had left behind more than a century before. Not only did their descendants make the impossible possible through God"s Providence, their bold spiritual vision, courage and sacrifices laid the foundation for the modern America, which now has become the greatest superpower in the history of mankind. It was also through their spiritual foundation that America is still the most Christian nation on earth and has produced more protestant overseas missionaries than any other country in the world, some of whom volunteered to go to a tiny hermit kingdom called Chosun more than 120 years ago to transform Chosun into modern day Korea.

In comparing the ministry of the two pillars of Micah608 to the two founding pillar communities of the modern American civilization, I believe that God will never forget the unimaginable hardships and overwhelming odds that the founding pillars of Micah608 ministry must have overcome over the years to fulfill God"s vision and will, just as God never forgot the unimaginable hardships and overwhelming odds that the founding pillar communities of modern America fought against. In this sense, I believe it is truly God"s blessings that we are able to witness God"s Vision and Will come alive and being fulfilled in front of our eyes though Micah608"s ministry.  I believe even greater and far more spectacular vision and will of God will continue to unfold as God continues to lead us in this age and beyond through the foundation that has been laid by the Micah608 ministry. Finally, just as the two pillars of the founding communities became the spiritual "Beacon" to the world, I believe God"s message that comes to us through the sacrifices of two pillars of Micah608 ministry is truly the "Beacon" of new vision and hope that only God can give to Korea and all nations in this dark, chaotic age to expand God"s kingdom. Thank you God and thank you, Micah608 ministry!
July 30, 2005
In Him,
David C. Rhee from Boston U.S.A 

(위 글은 미국 보스톤에 거주하는 독자께서 영문으로 보내주신 격려의 서신입니다. 
韓譯은 HaejinKim 총무께서 해주셨습니다)

존경하는 미가선교센터의 김원장님 그리고 이소장님!

먼저, 이 시대에 미가608을 통한 그 분의 강력하고 생생한 사역으로 인해 저의 진실한 감사를 하나님께 드립니다. 또한 저는 한국과 세계를 위한 하나님의 새로운 소망, 비전과 계획들에 대한 당신의 담대한 메시지를 인하여 당신께 매우 감사드립니다. 저는 미국에 살고 있는 코메리칸(한국인-미국인)이며, 이 시대에 살고 있는 우리 모두를 위해 김원장님을 통해 말씀하신 하나님의 강력한 메시지들에 의하여 엄청나게 놀라워하고 있고 또 심오한 감동을 받고 있습니다. 저는 2004년 봄부터 저의 아버님에 의하여 미가608 사역을 소개받았습니다. 그때 이후로 한국뿐만 아니라 전 세계를 위한 새로운 소망과 비전의 그 메시지의 심오한 깊이와 넓이에 완전히 매료되어 왔습니다.  

저는 정말로 놀라고 또 전 세계를 변화시키기 위하여 영적인 그리고 정치적인 개혁을 통해 한국을 제사장 국가로 들어 올리시는 하나님의 위대한 계획에 영원히 감사합니다! 저는 미가608이 우리의 세상에 내재적(內在的)인 그리고 우리의 삶에 친히 간여(干與)하시어 그 분의 보다 큰 뜻에 따라 우리를 변화시키고 또 우리를 인도하시는 우리의 살아계시는 하나님의 진실하고 살아있는 메시지임을 발견합니다. 특별히 저는 김원장님의 순수하고 겸손한 심령을 통해 우리에게 생생하게 다가오는 하나님의 담대하고 강력한 메시지와 우리로 하여금 각각의 영적 메시지를 이해하도록 돕기 위하여 간결한 방식으로 관련 논평을 곁들인 이소장님의 분명하고 논리적인 해설에 감사드립니다. 

미가608을 통하여 그 분이 성취하시고자 하시는 것은 오직 하나님의 위대한 뜻의 발현이라고 제가 이해하는 것 같이, 저는 또 미가608의 두 기둥과 385년 전으로 돌아가 현대 미국 문명의 두 설립 기둥 공동체들의 겸손한 시작 사이에 비슷한 유례가 있음을 발견합니다. 

사람들이 잘 알고 있듯이, 1620년에 ‘순례자’(Pilgrims)라 불리는, 속성상 정치적으로 분리주의 그룹인, 개혁 성향의 프로테스탄트 크리스천 그룹이 그들 본국의 정치적인 박해로부터 피하고 또 종교적인 자유를 찾아 그들의 본국 영국을 떠나 네덜란드에 잠시 머물다가 매사추세츠 플리머스에 왔습니다. 

1630년, ‘청교도’(Puritans)라 불리는 다른 크리스천 그룹이 플리머스에서 북쪽으로 50 마일 떨어져 있는 곳에 와서 거기에 정착했습니다. 그곳은 나중에 "보스턴"(Boston)이라고 불리었습니다. 청교도들은 더 나아가 그들이 영국의 국교회를 "정화"시켜야 한다고 믿는 개혁 성향의 크리스천들이었습니다. 그래서 그들은 영국에서 그들 자신의 정치적 당파의 리더들로서 정치에 활발하게 관여하였습니다. 그러나 그들은 영국에서 정치적 패권을 위한 투쟁에서 지게 되었고 그들은 그들의 종교적인 개혁 성향의 믿음과 확신에 기초한 그들 자신의 모범적이고 이상적인 세상을 세울 수 있는 새로운 땅을 찾아서 영국을 떠났습니다. 

순례자들은 그들이 옳다고 믿는 방식으로 자유롭게 하나님을 경배할 수 있는 자유를 가지는 것 외에는 다른 것을 원하지 않았던 겸손하고 순수한 마음의 시골 농부들, 상업인들과 평민들로 구성되었으나, 청교도들은 단순히 겸손하고 순수한 마음의 농부, 상업인과 평민 뿐만 아니라 크리스천 전통을 정화하려는 동일한 개혁 성향의 확신을 모두 공유한 그 당시의 지성적인 그리고 정치적인 엘리트들을 가지고 있었습니다.  

일단 순례자들과 청교도들이 각각 플리머스와 보스턴에 정착하자, 그들은 그들 각각이 하나님의 말씀에 기초하는 새로운 이상적인 공동체를 시작했었다는 것과 그들이 놓은 영적인 기초가 궁극적으로 그들의 후손들을 위한 개척이 될 것이라는 역사적인 이해를 가졌습니다. 대서양을 제외하고는 모든 것으로부터 멀리 떨어진 지역에 위치해있던 순례자들과 달리, 청교도들은 찰스강과 대서양 사이 보스턴의 작은 반도에 정착했습니다. 그 반도는 약 6 피트 넓이의 아주 좁은 둑길에 의하여 단지 매사추세츠 땅의 나머지와 연결되어 있었습니다. 비록 그들은 그렇게 작은 구획의 땅에 정착했지만 그들은 그들의 도시가 “언덕 위의 도시”가 되고 그것은 차례로 나머지 세상의 "횃불"(Beacon)이 될 것을 의미하며 야심차게 그 반도의 가장 높은 곳을 보스턴, "횃불 언덕"(Beacon Hill) 이라고 이름 지었습니다.  (☞ 주: ‘beacon’은 사전적으로 "봉화불", "신호소", "등대" 또는 "고지", 등의 의미를 가짐)

비록 그들은 그 당시에 전혀 다른 크리스천 교파였고 또 1세기 가량 그들 간에 어떤 교통함도 가지지 않았지만 그들 각자의 하나님을 위한 노고와 희생은 궁극적으로 미국 역사에서 뒤따라가야 될 종교적이고 정치적인 개혁 운동의 영적인 기초(基礎)를 놓았습니다. 1776년 독립선언이 발표되었을 때 그리고 미국 혁명전쟁의 첫 전투가 시작이었을 때 그것은 유럽에서 온 새로운 이민자들과 함께 그 당시 서구 문명의 가장 거대한 제국, 영국 - 한 세기 훨씬 전에 그들의 조상이 뒤에 남겨두고 떠나왔던 바로 그 조국 - 에 맞서 용감한 전투에 온전히 참여한 그들의 후손이 살던 매사추세츠인 땅에서였습니다. 

그들의 후손들은 불가능한 것을 하나님의 섭리를 통해 가능하게 만들었을 뿐만 아니라 그들의 담대한 영적인 비전, 용기 그리고 희생은 현대 미국의 기초를 놓았고, 그리고 현재 미국은 인류 역사상 가장 강력한 초강대국이 되었습니다. 그것은 미국이 아직까지 지구상에서 가장 크리스천 국가이며 세계의 어떤 다른 나라보다 더 개신교 해외 선교사들을 배출한 그들의 영적인 기초를 통해서였는데, 그들 중의 몇 몇은 120년 훨씬 이전에 조선을 현재의 ‘한국’으로 변화시키기 위하여 ‘조선’이라 불리는 한 작은 은둔 왕국에 가기를 자원하였습니다. 

미가608의 두 기둥들의 사역과 현대 미국 문명의 두 설립 기둥 공동체를 비교하면서, 하나님께서 현대 미국의 설립 기둥 공동체가 직면하여 싸워왔던 상상할 수 없는 고난과 크나큰 역경을 결코 잊으시지 않듯이 하나님은 하나님의 비전과 뜻을 이루기 위하여 미가608 사역의 설립 기둥들이 수년간 극복해 왔던 상상할 수 없는 고난과 역경을 결코 잊지 않으실 것으로 저는 믿습니다. 이러한 의미에서 미가608 사역을 통하여 하나님의 비전과 뜻이 살아 임재하심과 우리의 목전에서 이루어지는 것을 우리가 증거 할 수 있다는 것은 진실로 하나님의 축복이라고 저는 믿습니다. 심지어 미가608 사역에 의해 놓여진 기초(基礎)를 통하여 하나님께서 이 세대와 그 이후까지 우리를 계속 인도하심에 따라 더 위대하고 훨씬 더 장엄한 하나님의 비전과 뜻이 지속적으로 펼쳐질 것으로 저는 믿습니다. 마지막으로 설립 공동체의 두 기둥이 세상에 영적인 "횃불"이 되었듯이 미가608 사역의 두 기둥들의 희생을 통하여 우리에게 주어지는 하나님의 메시지는 이 어둡고 혼란한 시대에 하나님의 왕국을 확장하도록 오직 하나님께서 한국과 모든 나라들에 주시는 진실로 새로운 비전과 소망의 "횃불"임을 믿습니다. 하나님께 감사드리며 미가608 사역에 감사드립니다! 

그 분 안에서, 
미국에서 데이빗 C. Rhee

List of Articles
번호 제목 날짜 글쓴이
980 일본의 정치변화와 미래 2005-08-09 isaiah
979 인공기 소각은 처벌하면서 성조기 소각은 방관하는 이해찬 2005-08-09 서석구
978 이 나라를 인도하시는 하늘의 깊은 뜻을 뉘라서 알까 2005-08-08 isaiah
977 노무현 정부는 미국 대북정책 추진의 가장 큰 장애물 movie 2005-08-08 isaiah
976 북은 평화적 핵이용도 포기해야 한다 2005-08-07 NYT
975 "No Result (회담결과 없음)" 메시지의 맞고 틀림에 대하여 2005-08-07 isaiah
974 친북반미하는 노무현 정부 뜻대로 흘러간다면 (3) 2005-08-06 isaiah
973 친북반미하는 노무현 정부 뜻대로 흘러간다면 (2) 2005-08-06 isaiah
972 "이 땅에 전쟁이 있으리라" 2005-08-05 isaiah
971 친북반미하는 노무현 정부 뜻대로 흘러간다면 (1) 2005-08-05 isaiah
970 "전문가의 표현의 자유를 억압하는 권력을 규탄한다" 2005-08-04 홍관희
969 이념과 정강이 전혀 다른 정당과 연합이라니... 2005-08-04 김상철
968 어느 신학자의 작위적(作爲的) 신관(神觀) 2005-08-03 isaiah
967 "비밀을 낱낱히 밝혀 뒤엎으리라" 2005-08-03 isaiah
966 도청(盜聽) 공개는 민심을 얻으려는 저급의 각본(?) 2005-08-02 isaiah
965 전두환 전직 못지않게 축재한 자들이 큰소리치는 나라 2005-08-02 isaiah
964 동국대생, "반미에 앞장서는 강정구 교수에게" 2005-08-02 김병관
» (독자서신) Sincere thanks God for His powerful, live ministry 2005-08-01 David Rhee
962 한국 교회의 희망과 절망 2005-07-31 isaiah
961 하늘의 뜻을 이 땅에서 이루는 것이 그처럼 어려운 것인가? 2005-07-31 isaiah

대전 유성구 덕명동 191-6   Tel : 010-4611-1608   E-mail : micah608@naver.com