미가힐링센터에 오신 여러분 환영합니다.

이사야 칼럼
이사야 칼럼 은혜의 메아리
이사야 칼럼
미가힐링센터  >  칼럼  >  이사야 칼럼

아무런 잘못도 없이 그곳 버지니아 공대에 있었다는 이유만으로 죽음을 당한 영혼들에게 그들의 남은 가족들에게 무엇으로 위로할 수 있을 것인가. 인간으로서 해줄 수 있는 일이 거의 없다고 생각되는 때에 이번 미국인들이 보여준 것은 바로 기도였다. 부시 대통령은 참사 현장의 추도사에서 "기도는 우리의 존재를 떠받치는 힘의 원천입니다" 하며 마음을 함께하는 기도로 유가족을 위로하였다. 예수님께서도 가장 어려웠던 순간에 겟세마네 동산에서 기도하심으로 위기를 극복하셨다. 기도하는 지도자와 국민들이기에 미국인들은 원한이나 복수로 문제를 해결하지 않고 인간의 영혼을 순화해 가며 미래에도 오랫동안 선진국으로 남아있을 것이다.

"악에게 지지 말고 선으로 악을 이기십시오"
조지 W. 부시 대통령, 버지니아 참사 추도연설
조지 부시 미국 대통령은 17일 미국 대학사상 최대 참사가 발생한 버지니아공대의 캐슬 콜로세움에서 열린 희생자 추도식에 참석, "오늘은 온 나라가 슬픔에 잠긴 날"이라며 깊은 애도를 표시했다. 추도사에서 부시 대통령은 "이같이 비통한 때에, 이 나라의 모든 국민은 여러분을 생각하고 있으며, 고통받고 있는 모든 이들에게 평안함이 깃들 수 있기를 하나님께 간구하고 있다는 것을 여러분이 반드시 기억해주길 바란다"고 말했다. 그는 또 “여러분을 한번도 만난 적이 없는 사람들이 여러분을 위해 기도하고 있다. 죽고 부상당한 여러분의 친구들을 위해 기도하고 있다”면서 “이들의 기도에는 진정으로 힘이 있다”고 위로했다. 부시 대통령은 “이 같은 때에 우리는 사랑의 하나님의 은혜와 인도 속에서 위로를 찾을 수 있다”면서 “성경이 말하는 바와 같이 ‘악에게 지지 말고 선으로 악을 이기라’”고 격려했다.
다음은 추도사 원문.
President Bush Offers Condolences at Virginia Tech Memorial Convocation
Cassell Coliseum Virginia Tech Blacksburg, Virginia

Governor, thank you. President Steger, thank you very much. Students, and faculty, and staff, and grieving family members, and members of this really extraordinary place. Laura and I have come to Blacksburg today with hearts full of sorrow. This is a day of mourning for the Virginia Tech community -- and it is a day of sadness for our entire nation. We`ve come to express our sympathy. In this time of anguish, I hope you know that people all over this country are thinking about you, and asking God to provide comfort for all who have been affected. Yesterday began like any other day. Students woke up, and they grabbed their backpacks and they headed for class. And soon the day took a dark turn, with students and faculty barricading themselves in classrooms and dormitories -- confused, terrified, and deeply worried. By the end of the morning, it was the worst day of violence on a college campus in American history -- and for many of you here today, it was the worst day of your lives. It`s impossible to make sense of such violence and suffering. Those whose lives were taken did nothing to deserve their fate. They were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now they`re gone -- and they leave behind grieving families, and grieving classmates, and a grieving nation. In such times as this, we look for sources of strength to sustain us. And in this moment of loss, you`re finding these sources everywhere around you. These sources of strength are in this community, this college community. You have a compassionate and resilient community here at Virginia Tech. Even as yesterday`s events were still unfolding, members of this community found each other; you came together in dorm rooms and dining halls and on blogs. One recent graduate wrote this: "I don`t know most of you guys, but we`re all Hokies, which means we`re family. To all of you who are okay, I`m happy for that. For those of you who are in pain or have lost someone close to you, I`m sure you can call on anyone of us and have help any time you need it." These sources of strength are with your loved ones. For many of you, your first instinct was to call home and let your moms and dads know that you were okay. Others took on the terrible duty of calling the relatives of a classmate or a colleague who had been wounded or lost. I know many of you feel awfully far away from people you lean on and people you count on during difficult times. But as a dad, I can assure you, a parent`s love is never far from their child`s heart. And as you draw closer to your own families in the coming days, I ask you to reach out to those who ache for sons and daughters who will never come home. These sources of strength are also in the faith that sustains so many of us. Across the town of Blacksburg and in towns all across America, houses of worship from every faith have opened their doors and have lifted you up in prayer. People who have never met you are praying for you; they`re praying for your friends who have fallen and who are injured. There`s a power in these prayers, real power. In times like this, we can find comfort in the grace and guidance of a loving God. As the Scriptures tell us, "Don`t be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." And on this terrible day of mourning, it`s hard to imagine that a time will come when life at Virginia Tech will return to normal. But such a day will come. And when it does, you will always remember the friends and teachers who were lost yesterday, and the time you shared with them, and the lives they hoped to lead. May God bless you. May God bless and keep the souls of the lost. And may His love touch all those who suffer and grieve.
미래한국 2007-04-19

<관련 미가608 메시지>
http://www.micah608.com/5-12-14-pray-miserable.htm

(마26:35-41) 이에 말씀하시되 내 마음이 심히 고민하여 죽게 되었으니 너희는 여기 머물러 나와 함께 깨어 있으라 하시고  39 조금 나아가사 얼굴을 땅에 대시고 엎드려 기도하여 가라사대 내 아버지여 만일 할만하시거든 이 잔을 내게서 지나가게 하옵소서 그러나 나의 원대로 마옵시고 아버지의 원대로 하옵소서 하시고  40 제자들에게 오사 그 자는 것을 보시고 베드로에게 말씀하시되 너희가 나와 함께 한 시 동안도 이렇게 깨어 있을 수 없더냐  41 시험에 들지 않게 깨어 있어 기도하라 마음에는 원이로되 육신이 약하도다 하시고

List of Articles
번호 제목 날짜 글쓴이
2315 "남한은 이미 우리 손안에 들어와 있소" 2007-04-23 isaiah
2314 종교갈등을 충동하는 중앙일보 여론조사 2007-04-22 isaiah
2313 우세현 목사 사학법 반대 단식 19일째 image 2007-04-22 chtoday
» US president, "Prayer is source of strength to sustain us" 2007-04-21 isaiah
2311 21일 7시 시청앞 VT 희생자 추모 촛불집회 2007-04-21 upkorea
2310 배부전, "한국 국적의 조승희 희생자 한국이 배상해야" 2007-04-21 isaiah
2309 "남의 탓"하는 자, 끝없이 물욕을 채우는 자 2007-04-20 isaiah
2308 가해자 의식에 마음이 무거워진 한국인들 2007-04-19 isaiah
2307 M Green, "26일까지가 미국의 時限" 2007-04-19 김연호
2306 "북은 핵을 성공하지 못했느니라" image 2007-04-18 isaiah